SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER
UK - Whilst London Heathrow offers the greatest choice of flights to Sri Lanka, flights are also available from London Gatwick, Manchester, Birmingham, Newcastle and Glasgow.
Sri Lanka – There is only one international airport in Sri Lanka called the Bandaranaike International airport which is based in the capital city of Colombo.
The total flying time from the UK to Sri Lanka is approximately ten hours. Since this is a fairly lengthy flight, we do everything we can to make your journey easier and more comfortable. We believe that the way you travel is as important as the holiday itself. By selecting only quality airline partners, the Sri Lanka Travel Centre can offer the flexibility of virtually daily departures with a variety of seating classes tailored to suit your requirements. Whilst we mainly use only those scheduled airlines (listed below), which offer more convenience and comfort, we also use offer some very good charter airlines should you so prefer.
Whilst a large number of flight options are available for travelling to Sri Lanka, our recommendation would go with Sri Lankan Airlines, Emirates, Qatar and Kuwait Airways for the convenience they provide.
Sri Lankan Airways provide direct flights to Colombo. All the other airlines involve short stop-overs in the Middle East.
BENEFITS OF SCHEDULED AIRLINES
BUSINESS CLASS UPGRADE
- Greater flexibility of departure and return dates
- Additional leg room
- *28 kgs luggage allowance
- 31-34” seat pitch for economy class (depending on airline)
- Individual seat back TV screens with a choice of films/channels
- Free headsets
- Free drinks including alcoholic
Travelling business class, even one-way, adds a new dimension to your holiday. For extra comfort and service, business class travel is fast becoming the standard for many of our customers. One-way and return business class supplements are available across most of our airlines. Privileges usually include:
- Dedicated check-in
- Increased leg room and wider armchair style seating. (Flat bed chairs are available on certain airlines)
- Access to departure (and arrivals where available) business class lounges with complimentary refreshments and various other facilities
- Increased baggage allowance to *30+ kgs per person
- Separate cabin with superior service, seating and on board entertainment with larger personal TV and on demand videos
- Gourmet dining and fine wines
- Priority luggage on arrival
FIRST CLASS PUGRADE
Fly in First Class, where available, and your flight will be pure luxury – the ultimate air travel experience!
Throughout your flight you will receive the very best service from staff who are there to attend to your every need. All the privileges of business class, plus:
- Flat beds available on certain airlines
- Increased baggage allowance to *40kgs per person
- Al la carte dining from internationally acclaimed chefs
- Complimentary bar service including the finest champagnes and wines
|Economy Prices from
|Business Class Prices from
Please note that depending on the time of year you travel flight prices may vary with the weeks leading to and after Christmas being the most expensive when prices can be seen to double. We advise anyone travelling at this time of year to book early to avoid increased cost.
* Certain airports, including Dubai impose restrictions on carriage of baggage whereby no single piece of baggage may exceed 32 kgs (70 lbs) in weight. This however, does not affect the overall free checked baggage allowance per passenger. These restrictions enforced by either airport authorities or ground handling companies aid in preventing injuries and ensure the safety of baggage handlers.
|Go to main Highlights page